Glass fusing is simply layering pieces of decorative glass onto a glass base. After it's kiln-fired, the layers of glass become one and viola, you've made a glass plaque, bowl or vase!
It's user-friendly, very straight-forward and loads of fun (and it's totally different than painting pottery!). The best feedback we hear - and we hear it A LOT - is that our glass fusers show off their creations and are often asked "where'd you buy it?!". And they get to proudly respond " I MADE IT!"
Keep in mind:
* glass is fun for all ages! Children between 6 and 12 can make glass projects with their parents (glass is not for children under 6 yrs - they enjoy the painting a lot more at that age!). We give thorough instructions and safety guidelines to ensure a great experience
* can I make my own class time for me and my friends?! YES! Simply call the studio to reserve your time and project; min four people needed for private classes
* coffee, wine, snacks, etc are always welcome! We do not provide cups or paper products; please plan accordingly
* glass projects must be completed in one sitting; the pieces will be ready 7 to 10 days later.
* now that you've done it, you come back and try more! Glass makes an awesome gift: our pendant necklaces pieces are the #1 gift made from glass. Make your own pendant for $10 (chains and cords, are sold separately). Think teachers, grandparents, aunts and more!